TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and STEMLine for the sale and purchase of the items contained in your basket. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Availability of goods and prices
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that occasionally goods ordered may, be sent to you in instalments. We will make every effort to advise you (by email) if this is the case.
We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, however discrepancies may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods already ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and ask that you reconfirm your order at the correct price, whilst also giving you the option to cancel it. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you we will consider the order cancelled. If we cancel your order, you will receive a full refund.
Next day delivery is only available for UK mainland (Zone A&B). In addition, the cost of shipping (Zone C, D & E) to Offshore islands or Northern Ireland could be higher and longer. Please check with us if you have any questions.
If your delivery address is not within the United Kingdom, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; STEMLine advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
You should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
By ordering a product you accept these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly before ordering products in case there are any changes.
Your Undertakings and Warranties
You warrant that the information given on your order form is complete and accurate.
Acknowledgement of Order
When you have completed your order you will be sent an e-mail confirmation. It will state what the products are on order, the total cost including VAT (where appropriate) and Post & Package charges, together with delivery and invoice details. If for any reason your order cannot be processed, a member of the customer services team will contact you to explain the nature of the difficulty.
No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and STEMLine until the product(s) ordered have been dispatched. We will send a confirmation email when the goods have left our warehouse. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by STEMLine of your offer to buy goods.
Where an order is to be fulfilled in instalments, those products yet to be dispatched will not form part of our contract with you. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
Information you enter into our registration forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your attempted transaction, even if you do not confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the purchase was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we will not store it for longer than necessary and we certainly will not share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
All prices are quoted in pounds Sterling, unless otherwise agreed in writing, and are:
- exclusive of VAT or applicable tax, which will be added to the total amount due;
- exclusive of any applicable bank charges, which will be added to the total amount due;
- for deliveries in the UK (excluding the Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland) only, inclusive of standard delivery charges. You may opt for our next day delivery service which may incur additional charges. STEMLine reserve the right to charge for delivery on Orders with a value of less than £20 (excluding VAT);
- for international destinations, exclusive of delivery charges (including but not limited to carriage, freight and insurance). We may invoice you for delivery charges on a separate invoice to the Goods; and
- for international destinations, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties in accordance with Incoterms 2010, exclusive of any applicable import duties and taxes, which are levied once the Goods reach the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
Eligible bodies such as registered charities may be subject to VAT exemption on Goods. A written VAT exemption declaration must be submitted at the time of ordering to qualify for VAT exemption.
If you do not have credit terms with us, payment for all Goods, or certain other sums which become payable, must be made in advance by credit or debit card, BACS or by cleared Sterling cheque.
If you have credit terms with us, we may invoice you for the Goods on or around the date we have dispatched the Goods to you. You must pay the invoice in cleared monies within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of the invoice.
If you do not make any payment due to us by the due date for payment, we may charge interest and compensation to you on the overdue amount at the rate specified in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Without limiting any other remedies or rights that we may have, if you do not pay us on time, we may cancel or suspend any Order (both the one to which the payment relate(s) and any other Order) until you have paid the outstanding amounts.
*More payment details regard Klarna gateway, please see below.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected if, for any reason, you wish to return a product bought from STEMLine. You may return your item(s) in their original packaging in an unused condition within 14 days of receipt for a full refund, less any charges for shipping other than standard shipping, at your expense. Before returning, you must notify us by e-mail of intent to return (firstname.lastname@example.org) and package appropriately as we will not be liable for damage in transit.
Damaged goods or incorrect deliveries:
Our warranty contained in 'Goods & Services' above is subject to the following conditions: (i) the goods must be stored in appropriate conditions; if you do not store them in appropriate conditions we cannot be held responsible for faults or problems that arise as a result; (ii) any claim by you in respect of any shortages and/or defects in the goods must be notified to us by you within seven days of the delivery date, stating the nature of the shortage/defect and quoting the invoice no.; failure to so notify us will deem you to have accepted the goods. In some cases STEMLine may require you to return the defective goods to STEMLine at its cost. Where you make a valid claim in respect of any shortages or defects and we are liable for the claim, we can at our option make up the shortages or replace the goods free of charge, or refund the price of the goods in question to you. In addition for defective goods we will refund you reasonable costs incurred for postage of the goods, but we shall have no further liability to you. If you do not notify STEMLine accordingly, STEMLine shall have no liability for any defects and you shall be bound to pay for the goods
STEMLine shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability
Although we take every care to ensure accuracy, we make no warranties as to the accuracy of the information we place on our web pages. The extent of our liability for any breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered by you in the relevant transaction, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit STEMLine liability for death or personal injury as a result of STEMLine negligence.
Invalidity of Terms and Conditions
If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promotion Code Terms & Conditions
Promotional codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with STEMLine. Details of any minimum or percentage discount, including VAT and saving entitlement can be found in your voucher email.
Promotion codes are only valid for orders placed online.
Promotion codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with STEMLine.
STEMLine reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
Promotion codes are only valid for a limited period of time. The expiry date will be publicised with the relevant promotion code.
Only one promotion code can be used per order.
Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. This includes any discounts pre-agreed with your account.
In the event of product returns, refunds will be given for cash used in the original purchase once the discount is applied, less any shipping costs charged on the original order.
In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return - you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
In the event of any returns meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, STEMLine reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
Where a 3-for-2 offer is advertised the cheapest item is free.
Klarna Payment T&C
Klarna's Customer Data Sharing
National and/or EU rules sets certain limits to how and when you may share customer-identifying information with Klarna. EU regulations state that the customer must have clicked the Klarna option before the Merchant shares any such information. Basically this means you share privacy data when the customers actively chooses the Klarna option in your checkout and Klarna’s widget is shown, not before. Our default setup complies with EU regulations. If you operate in another jurisdiction, you must check what kind of setup is permitted before you do the integration.
Klarna's Terms and Conditions
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment methods. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
- Pay in  days: The payment period is 14 days from shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. You can find the complete terms and conditions for the markets where this payment method is available here: United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria and the Netherlands.
- Slice it: With the financing service from Klarna you can pay your purchase in flexible or fixed monthly instalments according to the conditions stated in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after submission of a separate monthly invoice by Klarna. Further information regarding Slice It including terms and conditions and Standard European Consumer Credit Information you can find here for the markets where this payment method is available: Austria, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Direct bank transfer: Available in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands. Your account will be debited directly after placement of your order.
- Direct Debit: Available in Germany, Sweden, Austria and the Netherlands. Your account will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service or in case of a subscription in accordance with the timelines communicated. You will be notified about the date(s) by email.
- Card Payments: Available in Sweden, Germany and Austria. The amount will be reserved on your card and will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. In case of a subscription the amount will be debited in accordance with the timelines communicated.
- [PLEASE ADJUST ABOVE AND BELOW IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PAYMENT METHODS AND MARKETS USED]
The payment methods Pay in  days, Slice It and direct debit are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay later.
- Slice it.
- [PLEASE ADJUST ABOVE AND BELOW IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PAYMENT METHODS USED]
Further information and Klarnas user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
---END Klarna Payment T&C